We are open weekdays 9AM-2PM – TMSA will be closed July 4-6 in observance of Independence Day !!!
|Greetings TMSA Parents/Guardians:
It’s the middle of summer, but the excitement for the fall at TMSA is already building! Here are some ways you can help your students get ready for a great school year.
1. It’s time to purchase school uniforms. Remember that orders from vendors take longer right before school starts.TMSA will host a uniform exchange on Saturday, July 14, 10 am – 12 pm. Parents may bring gently used uniforms to donate, sell, or barter with other parents.
2. Find school supply lists online or click the button below.
3. Students will only be permitted to carry clear book bags. You may order a book bag from TMSA for $10. The book bag is located in the school store at https://www.myschoolbucks.com. You will need to create a username/password. Select Main Street Academy as the school.
4. Middle school students may rent a locker for $7 (pay via www.myschoolbucks.com). Bring a signed locker agreement to Meet the Teacher to get the locker number and combination.
5. Mark your calendars for Meet the Teacher / Bring School Supplies: Monday, July 30, 3-6 pm. Parent Orientation, Monday, July 30, 2 pm or 6 pm.
6. Sync school and family calendars.
We have transitioned from Lotterease to SchoolMint. SchoolMint will streamline all aspects of enrollment, including re-enrollment, applications, lotteries, waitlist management, registration, and year-round communications and forms. All correspondence from SchoolMint will be sent through email, voicemails and text messages.
Applying is easy using our Online Application. We require families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted.
Our TMSA application process is self-managed which means that it is the responsibility of the parents to track the application from start to finish. Parents should ensure all information and required documentation is submitted in a timely manner once their acceptance is confirmed.
- Open Enrollment: Feb 6th – Feb 16th
- Open House: Feb 8th (9-11am)
- Lottery: Feb 22nd
Reed HR only: here is a review of students’ notes for Thursday’s test.
We will have a spelling test on Wednesday. Here is the words and the tic tac toeSpelling Lesson 7 (1)
Good Afternoon Parents,
Today marked the end of another exciting week of teaching and learning at TMSA! We would like to thank all the parents who volunteered their time, and/or sent in supplies for the classroom.
10/21: Saturday School
10/27: International Day
10/30: Book Character Day
What We Are Learning:
Reading: Story Elements
L/Arts: Parts of Speech (Adverbs)
Math: Properties of Multiplication/Division
Social Studies: Native American Regions
Writing: RACE & Narrative/Expository Prompts
Our Parent/Teacher Conference Day has been rescheduled to Friday, November 3, 2017 from 8-10am, however, teachers are available to meet with you regarding your child’s progress prior to that date. We are available from 1:20 – 2:10pm on most school days, and on Tuesdays between 5:00-6:00pm. All conferences are by appointment only. Please email your child’s homeroom teacher if you need to schedule a conference.
Our first Saturday Academy will be held on 10/21/17. Parents will be notified if their child needs to be in attendance. Saturday Academy begins at 9:00am and ends promptly at 12:00 noon.
Social Studies Field Trip
We have 5 spots left for the Native American Festival & Pow Wow on November 2, 2017. The cost of this alternative learning experience is $25 per person, and spots will be assigned on a first come first served basis. Please fill out the lunch form that your child received if he/she paid on Thursday (Oct 18). Please check your child’s agenda.
USA Test Prep Assignments
Students were given their user name and login for USA Test Prep before the Fall Break. Please take advantage of this wonderful resource.
Spelling & Vocabulary Words
- The new spelling & vocabulary words will be posted online on Monday.
- Tic Tac Toe activity sheet is posted online for practice.
- Students will take their 3rd spelling & vocab test on 10/27.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, or require additional information.
Have a great weekend!
The Third Grade Team
TMSA in the news!
TMSA Scholars sat down and sketched out their vision for an awesome playground. Lower and Upper Academy scholars got a chance to share their vision with Kaboom!, Cox Enterprises and some very proud parents!