What a jam-packed week! Our students enjoyed Spirit Week aswell as PBIS day and TMSA’s pep rally. Next week, we are workingon multiplying fractions in Math, unboxing the Louisiana Purchasein Social Studies, and will continue Scientific, Historical, and Technical text in Reading. Student’s scores from Fastbridge will besent home Friday. Please look at your child’s lexile scores. This willbe a great help in finding books that will match their reading level. Here is a link that provides options for your child’s lexile scores in Reading:
***** WINTER BREAK STARTS THURSDAY, FEB.15th-TUESDAY, FEB.20th *****
• Class Donations: Please donate the following items to our class ifyou can: PENCILS, glue sticks, copy paper, disinfecting wipes.
• 2 Million Pages Reading Campaign: Let’s emphasize theimportance of reading daily. Join our 2 Million Readers campaign.Reading logs are available online
(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSflvjPgNuI1hysr6NNWwYcLxKsyhwpHWfhrf4AlRvOdVZg93A/viewform) and copies areavailable in the front office. Happy Reading!
• Weekly Grades: Check out parent portal for our most recentgrades for quizzes and tests.
• Math Facts: We are working on fractions in math this week.PLEASE practice multiplication/division facts with your child EVERYDAY. It is so important we have these mastered in order to performwell!
• Chapter Books: Please purchase your child a copy of the bookTales of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. This is a requirement forclass.
• Lunch Charges: If your child owes money on his or her lunchaccount, notices have been sent home.
• Brain Breaks: Brain breaks will be held in the classroom if thetemperature is below 40 degrees. Students may bring boardgames for indoor brain breaks.
• Tutorials: Tuesday Tutorials are from 4-5 PM, Saturday School ison Feb. 10th,2018 and will pick back up on Saturday, February24th, 2018.
• 2/15-2/20 Winter Break
• 2/23/2018 Fun Friday
• 2/27/2018 Spring School Pictures
• 2/28/2018 Black History Program
• Social Studies: Government/Presidents Test Tuesday, February13th, 2018
• ELA: Grammar Quiz Tuesday, February 13th,2018
What we’re covering:
• Science: Unbalanced and Balanced Forces
• Social Studies: Louisiana Purchase
• Math: Multiplying Fractions
• Reading: Technical, Scientific, and Historical Text
• LA: Grammar & Vocabulary